Reports to:Chief Executive Officer
Supervises:May supervise other secretarial staff
Main objectives:Provide administrative, secretarial, and general support at top management level
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Act as a personal assistant, relieving the chief executive of routine work.
- Provide a full range of secretarial duties as required.
- Attend to routine correspondence. Where appropriate direct correspondence to relevant departments.
- Arrange appointments and travel bookings.
- Take messages, answer queries and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Research, prepare and format emails, letters, reports, and other documents.
- Coordinate the preparation of confidential reports, financial data and presentations.
- Liaise with members of the governing body.
- Record discussions/minutes of meetings.
Typical qualifications and experience:Generally Sixth Form Certificate as well as Secretarial Studies Course. At least five years secretarial experience, including a minimum of three years at a senior level. Administrative ability and excellent written and oral diction. Strong computer skills required.