Main objectives: Perform the manual duties on a building or construction site.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Transport building and construction materials, tools and equipment around the building site.
- Erect and dismantle ramps, catwalks, barricades and fences and set up lights to protect workers from traffic. Set up shoring materials for excavations.
- Direct truck and lorry drivers on where to dump loads. Move earth and other bulk materials using hand tools.
- Use pneumatic tools such as jack-hammers and rock drills to break up concrete, rock, etc.
- Sort, clean and stack salvaged material, collect and remove rubble from sites.
- lean, maintain and store tools and equipment.
- May work on demolition of buildings by manually breaking up parts of structures, cleaning bricks and clearing away rubble.
Typical qualifications and experience: Three to six months’ on-the-job training.