Main objectives: Operate mobile machine equipped with movable shovel, grab bucket or drag-line bucket to excavate and move earth, rock, sand, gravel and similar material or to move distribute and/or level earth.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Operate earthmoving vehicles such as bulldozers, graders or dredges
- Load earth and other materials onto trucks or barges.
- Locate and avoid existing underground services and works to set limits for excavation depth and area.
- Maintain machine and equipment.
- Regulate height of blade and drives machine to push earth or other material.
- May push or pull other equipment with bulldozer.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are met.
Typical qualifications and experience: Three to six months’ on-the-job training and appropriate heavy vehicle licence (Classes 2 to 5, depending on the vehicle) with T, W, R (tracks, wheels, rollers) endorsements.