Reports to: Engineering/Project Manager
Main objectives: Application of sound engineering design principles for the production of software to meet project requirements.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Analyse an organisation’s overall business and establish how their software is used.
- Assess new software applications to see if they are suitable, and if the existing hardware will support them.
- Provide detailed information about costs and benefits of software.
- Develop and build new software.
- Test and review new software and fix any problems.
- Develop training manuals and run training sessions to show clients how to use the software.
Typical qualifications and experience: BE, BSC, NZCE, NZCS.