Main objectives: Perform technical tasks, normally under the direction and supervision of a maintenance engineer (electrical or mechanical) contributory to design, development, construction, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Assist in research and development work on electrical systems and equipment.
- Prepare detailed estimates of quantities and cost of materials and labour required for manufacture and installation.
- Install, repair, test, find faults and maintain equipment.
- Assist with technical supervision of manufacture and repair of electrical systems or equipment.
- Be involved in the design of complex electrical installations and control circuits under the supervision of an engineer
- Ensure safety and design standards are met.
Typical qualifications and experience: Three to four year University degree or New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Electrical).