Main objectives: Carry out limited technical or skilled functions in support of manufacture, operation and maintenance of electronic equipment, facilities and systems.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, test and repair electrical and electronic monitoring and signalling systems such as industrial control equipment.
- Check circuits of installation to verify accuracy of assembly, using circuit drawings and electrical and electronic test instruments.
- Assemble, erect and position items of plant.
- Terminate cables and wires.
- Modify and adjust relays and switch mechanisms.
- Monitor the performance of plant and measures and records data.
- Run test programmes after installation of equipment.
Typical qualifications and experience: Trade Certificate. Registered with Electrical Workers Registration Board.