Main objectives: Services, adjusts and repairs electronic and computerised equipment.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Examine faulty equipment for mechanical, electrical and electronic defects.
- Dismantle machine to remove damaged or worn parts and replacing them as required.
- Assemble parts, tooling to ensure accurate fit, testing reassembled machine and readjusting if necessary.
- Check, adjust and lubricate mechanical parts to maintain working order
- Trouble-shooting to board/module level.
Typical qualifications and experience: Trade Certificate and appropriate registration. Technical and problem-solving skills. May be a certified network engineer.