Main objectives: A qualified tradesperson who services, adjusts and repairs diesel engines.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Service heavy vehicles, including changing engine and transmission oils, and adjusting engine settings.
- Examine faulty machinery and equipment for defects.
- Dismantle engines or other parts to remove damaged or worn parts and replacing them as required.
- Assemble parts, tooling to ensure accurate fit, testing reassembled equipment and readjusting if necessary.
- Attend breakdowns and after-hours call outs.
Typical qualifications and experience: Trade Certificate or Level 4 National Certificate in Automotive Heavy Engineering.