Reports to: Accountant, Financial Controller, Credit Manager
Main objectives: Responsible for processing the organisation’s accounts receivable and maintaining supporting records.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Process cheques received, input into computer system and perform all activities relating to daily banking.
- Discounts for the month (if relevant)
- Month end, Journals
- Manage overdue accounts and ensure amounts owing are collected in a timely manner.
- Monitor paperwork for debts passed to Collection Agency.
- Answer enquiries relating to accounts, following up with appropriate action.
- Prepare summary of monthly sales activities.
- Allocate debtor payments received to invoices issued.
- Maintain and produce reports relating to the Accounts Receivable ledger.
Typical qualifications and experience: Sixth form certificate or equivalent, computer skills and a minimum of 1 years accounts receivable experience.