Reports to: Proprietor/Store Owner
Supervises: Sales Assistants and Supervisors
Main objectives: Plan and organise a grocery or other food retail shop outlet. Direct staff engaged in the selling of goods.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Determine product mix, stock levels and service standards.
- Organise and control the work of supervisors and staff.
- Maintain records of stock levels and financial transactions.
- Undertake business planning and budgeting for the store.
- Develop and implement marketing and promotion of goods and services.
- Supervise store security and cash handling procedures.
- Arrange the purchase and pricing of goods for sale.
- Analyse market information concerning current and future changes in supply and demand for goods.
Typical qualifications and experience: Extensive five to ten years retail experience. May have tertiary qualification or industry based qualification.