Reports to: Nurse Manager or Clinical Nurse Leader
Main objectives: To provide clinical leadership and promote excellence in the clinical practice of nursing.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Manage nursing care to achieve patient focused care. Engage in clinical practice monitoring with the clinical team.
- Advise on nursing matters which enables units to function safely and competently within set standards and objectives.
- Educate/train clinical staff by using innovations in clinical nursing practice based on research and promoting research findings.
- Facilitate the setting of standards of surgical nursing and nursing practice with continued maintenance and evaluation.
- Demonstrate clinical leadership and be a pivotal focus for change.
- Educate patients/clients/family to improve knowledge of disease/illness, self-management prevention of complications and promotion of recovery.
- Ensure compliance with Clinician responsibility for Workplace Health and Safety under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992.
Typical qualifications and experience: Registered General and Obstetric Nurse with significant clinical nursing experience and a minimum three years recent broad-based surgical experience.