Reports to: Charge Nurse/Clinical Nurse Leader
Supervises: Enrolled nurses and nurse aides
Main objectives: Provision of patient care in hospitals.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards.
- Assist medical practitioners to examine patients.
- Liaise with other health professionals and members of health teams.
- Observe, record and report on patients’ condition and their reactions to drugs and other treatments.
- General nursing duties within a ward, department or theatre.
- Demonstrate accountability for directing, monitoring and evaluating nursing care that is provided by nurse assistants, enrolled nurses and others.
Typical qualifications and experience: A nurse who is registered in New Zealand as either a general nurse, general and obstetric nurse, comprehensive nurse, psychiatric nurse, psychopaedic nurse and holds a current annual Practising Certificate.