Reports to: Chief Executive Officer/Senior Partner
Supervises: Nursing and clerical staff
Main objectives: Coordination and maintenance of all the functional requirements of a medical practice including financial, clinical systems, human resource administration and computer systems.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Control and supervise the financial management of a medical practice in consultation with any partners and/or practice accountant.
- Initiate and coordinate the clinical business systems of a practice or medical centre.
- Oversee and coordinate the smooth and efficient management of staff and doctors. Ensure they follow the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Supervise the operation of any computer system to ensure accurate and timely data-input as required.
- Liaise with other health providers, district health boards and funding bodies to discuss possible areas of co-operation and co-ordination between services
Typical qualifications and experience: A medical background with some experience in accounting, human resource management and computer skills.