Main objectives: Responsible for general duties within the confines of a hospital.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- The removal of all waste in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Clean and disinfect the floors of hospital wards, halls and rooms.
- Clean furniture, walls, windows, fittings and fixtures.
- Clean and disinfect laundries, bathrooms, and replenishes expendable supplies.
- Clean equipment in storerooms.
- May remove used linen from beds, wash and remake beds with clean linen.
- Other non-resident attendant duties.
Typical qualifications and experience:Has completed an apprenticeship and has City & Guilds 706/1 and 706/2, or Certificate or Diploma equivalent