Reports to:Supply Distribution Manager, Operations or General Manager
Main objectives:Arranges and controls the receipt and dispatch of goods and keeps appropriate records.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all shipping/customs documentation.
- Determine, within established guidelines, the best method of transportation and preparing goods for dispatch.
- Maintain relationship with the bank pertaining to all export/import procedures and documentation.
- Make out despatch notes and attend to insurance, custom clearance, collection and other matters.
- Check incoming goods against documents and keep records of goods despatched and received.
- Record movement and placement of goods in yard, warehouse, ship or other place and liase with other departments to achieve the required despatch priorities.
- Liaise with freight forwarders, airlines, shipping agents and clients to ensure smooth and timely cargo delivery.
- Three to six months on-the-job training, MAF qualification for signing documents desirable.
Typical qualifications and experience:Has completed an apprenticeship and has City & Guilds 706/1 and 706/2, or Certificate or Diploma equivalent.