Reports to: Practice Principal
Supervises: New Graduate / Junior Physiotherapists
Main objectives: To provide physiotherapy treatment and management to patients in a professional caring manner, ensuring patients have every opportunity to regain their optimal level of function.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Assess and diagnose patients’ injuries or functional problems.
- Identify problems and decide on treatment to provide.
- Use a range of treatments to reduce pain and improve movement.
- Plan exercises for patients to improve their strength and fitness.
- Help rehabilitate people who have suffered from strokes and accidents.
- Educate people on how to prevent further injury. Educate caregivers and family about the patient’s physiotherapy programme.
- Ensure clinical records are maintained and secured in a professional manner.
- Ensure Administrative responsibilities including ACC requirements are attended to in a professional manner. This may include the lodging, invoicing and reconciliation of ACC claims.
- Make appointments for patients when required including answering phone calls.
- Manage the invoicing and receipt of monies for physiotherapy services, preparing banking needs as required.
- Be responsible for the security of the premise including locking and unlocking the premises.
Typical qualifications and experience: Bachelor of Health Science majoring in physiotherapy (BHSc) or Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPhty). Register with the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand for an Annual Practising Certificate.