Reports to: Practice Principal or Supervisor
Main objectives: To provide physiotherapy treatment and management to patients in a professional caring manner, ensuring patients have every opportunity to regain their optimal level of function.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Assess and diagnose patients’ injuries or functional problems.
- Identify problems and decide on treatment to provide.
- Plan exercises for patients to improve their strength and fitness
- Help rehabilitate people who have suffered from strokes and accidents.
- Report to supervisor and/or Practice Principal.
- Educate people on how to prevent further injury. Educate caregivers and family about the patient’s physiotherapy programme.
- Ensure clinical records are maintained and secured in a professional manner.
- Ensure Administrative responsibilities including ACC requirements are attended to in a professional manner. This may include the lodging, invoicing and reconciliation of ACC claims.
Typical qualifications and experience: Bachelor of Health Science majoring in physiotherapy (BHSc) or Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPhty). Register with the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand for an Annual Practising Certificate. 0-2 years of post-graduation experience.