Reports to: Finance/Administration Manager, Information Systems Manager or Information Systems Controller
Main objectives: Assists in maintaining operating software at the highest level of effectiveness, assessing the operational efficiency of the current and proposed software. Assist in Identifying and developing such new software as is necessary for the effective operation of all systems.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Assist main systems users.
- Assist in maintaining and improving existing network software.
- Fault finding hardware and software problems.
- Assist with on the job training and formal training for staff.
- Assist with hardware installation.
- Assist with software implementation, machine repair and maintenance.
- Identify and solve computer software and hardware problems, usually over the telephone.
- Log clients into a computer network.
- Analyse user problems and make suggestions for prevention of future problems.
Typical qualifications and experience: A tertiary qualification in computing, information science or business computing or five years’ experience in computer-related fields.