Reports to: Information Systems Manager/General Manager
Main objectives: Research the systems and procedures an organisation uses, and decide if and how computer applications could be used to improve business efficiency and productivity.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Research and data collection from within the organisation.
- Prepare structured analysis of business procedures, processes and systems to provide improvement recommendations.
- Write functional requirements for computer systems using models and diagrams to represent the processes and functions involved.
- Design or adapt a data-processing system using the diagrams.
- Elicits and documents business requirements, working in partnership with technical teams/developers to ensure that project outcomes are consistent with business requirements.
- Oversee the system’s development, including design, choice of computers (hardware) and computer programs (software).
- Assist in testing the new system and making sure it meets the users’ needs.
Typical qualifications and experience: A tertiary qualification in computing, information science or business computing. Or relevant certification in areas such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).