Reports to: Board of Directors
Supervises: Principal Executives of each division/function within the organisation
Main objectives: Direct and control the functioning of the organisation to ensure its profitability and maximise its efficiency. Provide leadership in the company’s planning activities.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Direct the overall functioning of all divisions within the organisation.
- Formulate objectives, strategies, policies and programmes for the organisation with due regard to recent developments in the industry or sector of involvement.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the organisation against organisational objectives and strategies.
- Prepare, or arrange for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts and present them to the Board for approval.
- Determine the organisation’s structure and staff accountabilities within approvals by the Board as appropriate.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation ensuring that appropriate action is planned and implemented through subordinate managers to counter adverse developments and maximise opportunities.
- Represent the organisation at official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaise between areas of responsibility.
- Ensure the organisation complies with company laws and other relevant legislation.
Typical qualifications and experience: Would normally have tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline, together with substantial experience at senior level, encompassing a detailed knowledge of the company’s specific field of business.