Reports to: Managing Director/Chief Executive
Supervises: May supervise finance and administration staff
Main objectives: Plan, administer and review corporate compliance activities and effective practice concerning company board meetings and shareholdings, ensuring all business matters and transactions are managed and implemented as directed by the board.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Ensure that the company conforms to its statutory and legal obligations under the relevant legislation concerning corporate activities, including those of subsidiaries.
- Attend to the signing of corporate documents as authorised.
- Control all share matters and maintain share registers and accounts for dividend payments.
- Liaise with other managers, auditors, stockbrokers, bankers, legal advisers and other parties concerned with the acquisition and distribution of assets and share transfers.
- Make arrangements for and give notice of all Board of Director and shareholder meetings.
- Maintain file of all corporate reports prescribed by Government authorities.
- Attend board and shareholder meetings, and direct the preparation of agendas, minutes, resolutions and associated records of proceedings.
- Direct preparation of the company’s Annual Report.
- Perform special assignments as requested by the Chief Executive.
Typical qualifications and experience: Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline preferred, combined with a high level of professional accounting and secretarial qualifications, together with at least five years experience.