Reports to: Manufacturing/Production Manager
Supervises: Employees within the production unit
Main objectives: Supervise and train a group of production operatives including charge hands in the achievement of production targets within established time and quality constraints.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the production area.
- May provide direct supervision to production employees such as operators, assemblers, and technicians.
- Plan and implement production schedules. Ensure the timely, efficient and safe operation of a production unit.
- Provide appropriate training and instructions to employees on standard and new operating procedures.
- Assist in the development of productivity measurement and implementation.
- Work with quality control staff to ensure that product processes meet quality standards.
- Oversee the correct use of machinery and equipment.
- Report on variance in raw material inventories.
Typical qualifications and experience: Extensive experience in the production unit, including experience at the leading hand level.