Reports to: Cook/Senior Cook
Main objectives: Perform any combination of duties to help maintain kitchen work areas and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Prepare vegetables and other food under the direction of the cook.
- Clean floors, walls, cupboards, shelves, work tables, refrigerators and deep freezers.
- Segregate and remove garbage and place it in designated containers.
- Scrape food from dirty dishes, cutlery, pots, etc., and wash them by hand or in a dishwashing machine.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
Typical qualifications and experience: One to two weeks on-the-job training; appropriate courses in food hygiene.