Reports to: Branch Manager, Store Owner, Departmental Manager or Worker-in-Charge
Main objectives: Assist in the selling of merchandise in retail or other establishments, usually in shop environment.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Assist in selling goods to customers and advise customer of characteristics and prices of goods.
- Assist at cash/or wrap counter or check-out.
- Assist in restocking of shelves and shop displays.
- Assist in the pricing of goods.
- Tidy stock and store (housekeeping).
- May be a trainee salesperson.
Typical qualifications and experience: A worker under 20 years of age with three to four years secondary education.