Main objectives:Drive a heavy truck or tanker, with or without articulated semi or full trailer, to transport goods or liquids.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Drive a vehicle between depot and loading and unloading points.
- Cartage of containers, loose and/or unitised pallet loads, bulk fuels, timber products, stock or general freight of every description.
- Follow the correct safety procedures if the goods being transported are dangerous.
- Collect and deliver dairy products.
- Inter-city line haul or route operations where applicable.
- Assist with or perform loading and unloading tasks.
Typical qualifications and experience:Six months on-the-job training plus appropriate licence. Drivers licence endorsement for cartage of hazardous goods. Fork hoist operator’s licence where applicable.