Reports to:General Manager
Main objectives:Maintain fleet in a safe and mechanically sound condition and to maintain workshop services and expenditure within budget.
Typical functions and responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the operation of vehicle maintenance and repair programs.
- Ensure fleet is mechanically safe and every fleet item has a current COF/WOF.
- Maintain full, accurate records of fleet/plant maintenance and repair history.
- Ensure all plant items including fuel trucks fully comply with all regulatory requirements including company requirements.
- Maintain only adequate stocks of oils, tyres and fast moving parts.
- Maintain buildings, yard and yard facilities in an operational and clean condition.
- Prepare cost analysis and periodic management and operational reports.
- Oversee the effective movement of vehicles and the logistics of appliances for maintenance and servicing, ensuring that operational needs for fleet are continuously met.